[rescue] Sun wants money for patch bundles?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Apr 23 08:27:14 CDT 2007

shannon wrote:

> > HELLO, SUN?
>
> I think the website must have been written by the same people who did
> the installer. In fact, I think they might be the same program... :)

   How 'boiut this: Solaris 8 is still supported, but you can't actually
use the Sun Support web site with the browser that ships from Sun with
Sol 8 (Netscape Navigator 4.7x).

   Sure, we all know that Netscape 4 is quite obsolete, but why should
the web site break *so* badly on it? Couldn't they at least code the
Patch download pages to be usable, especially since they deliberately
broke scripted downloads?

   I don't completely mind that I can't use Safari to doanload stuff
from sun.com (because Fire Fox works ) but the stock browser? Grrr...

- Will
P.S. Thanks for letting me vent.
--
Will Enestvedt