[rescue] Sun wants money for patch bundles?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 19 18:11:47 CDT 2007

Sat, 14 Apr 2007 @ 14:08 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> I try to retrieve my username and password using the "Forgot Username"
> list.  It says none of the three email addresses I use has a SunSolve
> account associated with it.  (I have Sun licenses and entitlements that
> were emailed to this address, which is one of the three I tried.  Sun
> says it doesn't exist.)

I'm having the same problems.

Sun has lost three of my accounts so far.

[snip]
> So, username confirmed, I go to the "Forgot Password" link and try
> submitting *that* with my just-confirmed username.  Sun says the
> password can't be reset because the username doesn't exist.

Same here. None of the recovery options is working. I'm getting really
tired of it, and repeated attempts to talk with them about it are
futile. I can't even get a human to respond.

> HELLO, SUN?

I think the website must have been written by the same people who did
the installer. In fact, I think they might be the same program... :)

--
shannon           | Work for something because it is good, not just because