[rescue] Sun Ultra 60 pricing

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 22 14:47:45 CDT 2006

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 @ 15:18 -0400, Nadine said:

> On 9/22/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> > Here is my problem with the Ultra 2: SCSI bandwidth.
> >
> > The CPUs actually handle most of my server duty without issue.  The
> > primary problem is the dismal 20MB/sec SCSI speed.
>
> Is that with the on-board SCSI or add-on SBUS cards?

On-board SCSI.

Does it matter?

Can UW SCSI controllers on sbus run at full speed?  I was thinking sbus
just didn't have enough speed to get much better.

I really need to leave the drives in the internal bays on my U2, so even
if I got a faster card I don't see how I could make use of it.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]