[rescue] Sun Ultra 60 pricing

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Sep 21 15:52:35 CDT 2006

FYI and a question:

"Computer Connection" is selling Ultra 60 machines on eBay for $195
each.

They are dual 450's with 1GB of RAM, and an 18GB hard drive.

I offered $100 and was declined, but they said they'd accept $140.
Shipping is $40.

I know it isn't *that* much faster than the dirt cheap U2s you can pick
up now, but they do have faster SCSI and PCI bus, which seems worth
paying a bit more for.

Sound like a good deal?  Anyone ever buy from these guys before?

I wish I could get an Ultra80 for that kind of price... :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]