[rescue] Real amp draw of E3000

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 21 12:49:48 CDT 2006

>From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
>Date: 2006/09/21 Thu PM 12:07:56 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Real amp draw of E3000

>William Enestvedt wrote:
>> P.S. That A=W/V equation looks familiar. I just wish I could remember
>> that kind of stuff. :7( Mind you, for some reason, I haven't been able
>> to get PV=nRT out of my head since tenth grade, though I'm hazy on what
>> use it is to me now that I don't measure anything in moles or
>> atmospheres anymore...
>
>That's the ideal gas law.

It's stuck in my head as "PV equals NOTHING but nRT" - then again, I barely passed HS chemistry (my labwork carried the day, my test scores were abysmal - I had some sort of mental block), and later failed to achieve a passing grade in two subsequent runs at College Chemistry, causing me to run screaming from the cold, hard engineering school in Hoboken and retreat into the gentler, comforting bosom of a liberal arts education in central Pennsylvania...

Lionel