[rescue] Sun Blade 100: no video, no beep on poweron

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Thu Sep 14 10:23:48 CDT 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 10:12, William Enestvedt wrote:

> Micah writes:
>>
>> When I boot it up with a keyboard and display attached, the hard
>> disk, fans, etc all receive power, but the machine doesn't beep,
>> and nothing is displayed to video.
>>
>    I once had a Blade (1000 though, maybe, but read on) that did the
> same thing after I installed a DVD-ROM. Turns out that there's a
> switch
> built into the door frame to keep it from booting with the door open,
> and when we reassmbled it the door was juuuuust not in all the way.
>
>   *shrug* Worth a try, I guess.

Hmm. I was playing with this one with the cover off, since I was all
messing around on the inside and stuff... but still no joy. Cover is
snugly on, but I got nothing. (I don't see where such a switch would
be, anyway).

Thanks for the suggestion, though. Sometimes it's those silly little
things...

  - Micah