[rescue] Sun Blade 100: no video, no beep on poweron

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Sep 14 10:12:04 CDT 2006

Micah writes:

> When I boot it up with a keyboard and display attached, the hard
> disk, fans, etc all receive power, but the machine doesn't beep,
> and nothing is displayed to video.

   I once had a Blade (1000 though, maybe, but read on) that did the
same thing after I installed a DVD-ROM. Turns out that there's a switch
built into the door frame to keep it from booting with the door open,
and when we reassmbled it the door was juuuuust not in all the way.

  *shrug* Worth a try, I guess.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt