[rescue] For Trade/For Free (plus shipping): PowerBook 1400 117 cs

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Sep 13 13:39:15 CDT 2006

For Trade/For Free (plus shipping): PowerBook 1400 117 cs

I have a PowerBook 1400 117cs that I am parting out.

Please let me know if you are interested; I would like to ship the
carcass and associated bits to one person but will disassemble it if
necessary.

I don't expect to make money on this, but I do expect you to mail me the
cost of shipping (from 02864) plus any "little somethin', you know, for
the effort" that your heart moves you to (money or toys or booze or
books or Feather Hi-Stainless blades). Heck, I'll even mail it an
official Apple laptop box, which is valuable in itself!

I have the following accessories/parts:
0. The laptop itself, including 64 MB RAM.
1. The add-on video-out board.
2. The optional transparent clip-on cover and some (all?) of the sheets
that go under it.
3. The boot CD-ROM & floppy.
4. A Global Village PCMCIA card that's a 56k fax modem.
5. A Motorola mariner Ethernet/33k modem combo card.
6. External power adapter.
7. Battery that was new in 2000 and lightly used since.
8. No hard drive (unless you really twist my arm): there's personal
information on the 750 MB drive that I'm frankly too lazy to wipe.

N.b.: I HAVE NO CD-ROM MODULE!

If anyone is still using one of these guys, I would be pleased to know
you're cannibalizing mine to extend the life of yours.

I'll miss you, little guy! *sniffle*
- Will
P.S. And just this week my wife rented "Old Yeller," and wondered why I
hid it from the four-year old and two-year old. I explained, "Honey, you
have to be able to shoot your own dog." (I don't think she's seen the
movie...)