[rescue] speaking of WEP

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 6 21:40:53 CDT 2006

Bill Bradford wrote:
> Surely I'm not the only one who only runs 64-bit WEP at home?
>
> (so I can remember the passphrase)
>
> If anybody's dedicated enough to break the key and sniff the
> traffic, all they're going to see is SSH anyway....

When I was running a wireless LAN in Sunnyvale, I ran WPA256.  I had no
problem remembering my passphrase.

Unfortunately, I was using an ancient hand-me-down Thinkpad 600E with
insufficient memory at the time, on which I had no choice but to run
Win2K, and an 11g card with WPA256 brought it to its knees.

--
 Same geek, same site, new location