[rescue] The new sunhelp.org server is in progress!

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Oct 31 22:23:59 CST 2006

I got the T1000 online at the colocation facility tonight (thanks to
Tommy the night guy, for racking it and hooking up ethernet and power).

I'll be benchmarking it against the other systems I have access to, over
the next week or so before I begin seriously moving over content from
the "old" machine (a 420R).

Any particular benchmarks you'd like to see run?

The new machine is a T1000, 1Ghz (8-core/32-thread), 8G of RAM, with a
single 80G SATA hard drive.  The old machine is a E420R, 450Mhz (quad),
4G of RAM with dual 18G SCSI hard drives.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas