[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

John Francini francini at mac.com
Fri Oct 27 16:51:32 CDT 2006

On 27 Oct 2006, at 17:06, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Name something that is mission criticial in any sort of real world
> sense.
>
> You won't be able to name *ANYTHING* that some part of the world will
> not just yawn at.

Well, I suppose that if you look at things from even as "small" a
viewpoint as elsewhere in our galaxy, what happens on this little
blue marble doesn't mean much in the 'real world'...

elsewhere in another place in the Milky Way, some years in the future...

"Hey, Dusdfgh, what happened to that little blue planet?  You know,
the one that's 3rd out from its drab yellow star over in the Blixnurg
quadrant?  The visible color spectrum has gone all weird, as if
they've poisoned their atmosphere to the point where it can't support
life anymore!"

"Yeah!  Isn't that the one where we were getting all sorts of strange
radio signals from them, some which included a very crude form of
picture-vision for quite some time?"

"The same.  Oh, and the radio signals have ceased as well! Guess they
screwed up."

"A shame. The stuff on their "television" was unbelievable. Provided
a great diversion from our primary research."

"Well, it'll be good to have our researchers paying attention to the
100,000 other developing civilizations we're monitoring in the galaxy
-- all of whom are much further along. Those Blixnurgers were a
distraction.  Good riddance."