[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Mike F lists at ibrew.net
Thu Oct 26 17:46:48 CDT 2006

On Oct 26, 2006, at 5:26 PM, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 16:25 -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
>>> No, I'm still trying to decide whether to try and raise the funds
>>> to get
>>> it or not.
>>
>> How far away is it?
>
> Its in Ohio, I'm in Chicago. Total distance, about 310 miles.
>
> I'm just a bit uncomfortable trying to "do it myself" with a rather
> large truck, having never driven such a truck before.

I wouldn't worry about the truck part too much. When I moved across
the state in '95 I went to Ryder and the only truck they had was a
big 23' TopKick. You wouldn't likely need anything that big, but that
truck was actually pretty easy to drive. Of course it only went about
70mph with my foot to the floor...

As others have said, the hard part will be loading and unloading the
E10k. If you can get that part figured out, the driving should be a
piece of cake.

- Mike