[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Thu Oct 26 08:28:38 CDT 2006

The point I would make is that there are different levels of critical.

When Sun was presenting their ZFS, one guy spoke up and said , "I can
get a TB of useful hardware RAID for under $20K, so why bother..."  his
data was worth more than $20K so it wasn't an issue for him.

Meanwhile, I was looking at ZFS and drooling over the thought of having
a TB of snapshot-able, fault-tolerant ZFS for under $1k.

Linux has a decent amount of features that make it useful.  Myself, I
prefer Solaris mainly because the apps I use are multi-threaded and
Linux has been mucking around with the thread implementation and
causing me grief.

--Patrick