[rescue] Help needed rescuing a HP9000/K370

Andrew Gaylard ag at computer.org
Mon Oct 16 01:22:56 CDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Gavin Hubbard <gavin.hubbard at parallix.com> wrote:

> The K570 is actually a six-processor capable server. That's why it is
> complaining about the processor loading order.
>
> There are two additional processor slots on the back of the system.
> However you need to remove the PSU module to access them (under the
> retaining screws and the whole PSU assembly slides out).

Yeah, I know that.  But before I even get that far, simply going from
a single CPU in slot 0 to CPUs in slots 0 and 1 (both in the front),
the CPU in slot 1 isn't seen by the BIOS.  This is on the K570.

On the K370, I get a little further: the system sees CPUs 0, 1, and 2.
But when I put the last one into slot 3, the box refuses to turn on!

Am I doing something stupid here?