[rescue] question about sparc10 ethernet controller

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 3 08:19:59 CDT 2006

>From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
>Date: 2006/10/03 Tue AM 07:03:39 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] question about sparc10 ethernet controller

<snip>
><plug type-shameless>
>   Wouldn't you rather just upgrade to an Ultra 2?
></plug>

Sorry for responding to my own post, but I failed to add that I also have SS/20 bases as well - of course, migration to either an SS/20 or Ultra 2 would require ditching 50 pin SCSI drives for 80 pin SCA SCSI drives. An SS/20 would allow you to reuse your CPUs and RAM, the Ultra 2 would only allow you to reuse your RAM, but either would allow for better graphics than an SS/10 (if that is a concern/interest), and an Ultra 2 could be upgraded to run Solaris 10 nicely (again, if that is a concern/interest)...

Lionel