[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Fri Jun 30 21:56:50 CDT 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Fri, 30 Jun 2006 @ 14:37 -0700, Don Y said:
>
>> Understood.  I argued with myself for a long time about whether
>> to keep print copies of my development journals or do it all
>> electronically.  Finally opted on the paper approach even though
>> it is harder to search through them, etc.  But, infinitely
>> more comfortable making notes, sketches, etc.
>>
>> And, the feel of turning pages is something sorely missing
>> from an electronic implementation.
>
> You really need dual monitor setups to use electronic documentation a
> lot.
>
> I find it nearly impossible to use it extensively on a single monitor.

It's not just "documentation".  I just don't feel comfortable
with glass instead of paper.  While I miss the ability to
search/grep through electronic records, the ability to take
a print book into another room, sit down and start flipping
pages seems more important to me.

I've got five 20 inch monitors on my worktable so getting
another head is not an issue.  :>