[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 19:28:20 CDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Don Y <dgy at dakotacom.net> wrote:
> Here in Tucson, "Bookman's" is a sizeable place.  Each branch
> is almost as large as a Borders, or Barnes&Noble.  Years ago,
> they were a bargain -- 50c to $1 for paperbacks.
>
> But, they "got successful" and now charge $2-$3 for a 30 year
> old paperback (that has an original published price of 45c)
> in ratty condition.  <frown>

I guess there aren't many people that buy on-line in Tucson, then.
Amazon and the other big used book aggregators are putting a lot of
those places out of business.  Hubby still frequents them for the
"immediate gratification" aspect and swapping.  I don't dare encourage
him to use Amazon, or the bank would be busted. :-)

=Nadine=