[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Fri Jun 30 15:53:48 CDT 2006

Michael Parson wrote:

> Worse than getting rid of books is people that use books as decorations.
> I *hate* seeing books in living rooms, on shelves, stacked in
> interesting ways, or used to prop up a lamp, or something else that is
> supposed to look 'quaint.'  When I get My House, it will have a library
> room, full of proper bookshelves, for me to put my books on.  It might
> be shared with my office, but that depends on how much $$ I can spend at
> the time.

Whether you're a bibliomaniac, bibliophile, or just "someone who
likes to read", you'll quickly realize that there just isn't
enough space in any single room to store books.  Even in a single
*house*!  My technical library fills a 12' wall to 9' tall.
Art books fill a wall half that size.  Paperbacks are just
piled into boxes and catalogued to help find them at a later
date.

I haven't decided if I should PITY or ENVY the post-PC generations;
they're not as married to the idea of a physical bound book so
will not be burdened (as much) trying to hold on to physical
books.  OTOH, they probably will never get the same sort of
"connection" that comes from holding a book and reading it
(without sitting bolt upright in front of a computer monitor,
etc.)