[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Jun 30 15:06:16 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 12:45:53PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:

<snip>

> My worst thing from that show is the one guy that is dead set on getting
> rid of books.  It's the only way I can explain it.  He can't comprehend of
> someone that can read a regular paperback in a few hours thus he's saying
> "How many books can you read really?"  Grrr...I can read quite a few in
> the time it takes you to die walled up in a room with nothing but copies
> of "Organizing for Dummies".

Worse than getting rid of books is people that use books as decorations.
I *hate* seeing books in living rooms, on shelves, stacked in
interesting ways, or used to prop up a lamp, or something else that is
supposed to look 'quaint.'  When I get My House, it will have a library
room, full of proper bookshelves, for me to put my books on.  It might
be shared with my office, but that depends on how much $$ I can spend at
the time.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org