[rescue] How-to: Update Openboot in Ultra 5 & 10

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jun 19 04:15:45 CDT 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I've just spent way too long looking at the Sun website, and I can't
> for the life of me figure out what the latest Openboot image is for
> these machines, nor how to get it in-hand.
>
> Could someone give me a kick in the right direction? I'd really
> appreciate it!

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-106121-18-1

Generally the easiest way to find openboot releases is:

   1) go to http://sunsolve.sun.com
   2) search for prom machine name (ie: ultra 10 prom)
   3) Follow the appropriate link for "Flash PROM Update"

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"