[rescue] How-to: Update Openboot in Ultra 5 & 10

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 19 00:44:06 CDT 2006

Hello all,

I have a couple Ultra 5s and a 10 that I want to upgrade and put to some purpose, and as part of that effort (aside from upping RAM, swapping in a faster/larger HD and *considering* upgrading the CPUs) I want to upgrade the OpenBoot to the latest image.

I've just spent way too long looking at the Sun website, and I can't for the life of me figure out what the latest Openboot image is for these machines, nor how to get it in-hand.

Could someone give me a kick in the right direction? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Lionel