[rescue] Strange behavior from framebuffer

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 15 08:47:44 CDT 2006

Well, the actual behavior I would expect would be "keyboard not found, redirecting output to Serial port" to be displayed on the framebuffer, and it shouldn't "lock up" the monitor like this did - I had to unplug my known-good monitor from the wall to have it reset and accept input... Once it "locked up" I couldn't even use the "soft" power switch to turn it on or off it got so wedged...

I noticed when I turned the box over, this is a 13 year old system - sheesh! I think it has been idle for over three or four years...

Lionel