[rescue] Blade 100

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 16:54:38 CDT 2006

On 6/12/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Mon, 12 Jun 2006 @ 12:24 -0400, Nadine said:
>
> > Yes, I know exactly what you mean--it's kind of like searching for
> > auctions with mis-spelled words, but instead you look at the
> > description and match it to whatever is pictured.  That's how I bought
> > a Pismo back in '02 or so that was described as a Lombard, and made
> > almost double what I paid when I turned around and sold it.
>
> I once asked a guy if he had an HP XU800 or an XM600 server for sale.
> Next thing I know he ended the auction, and created a new one for double
> the price.
>
> Still, sometimes you have to ask or you get stuck with a stinker.

True, but sometime being a little cagey with your questions can get
you what you need:

"Is the item in the auction photos the actual item you have for sale
in the auction?"
"Could you please provide a photograph of the back of the system in
high resolution so I can verify the description you've given in the
auction listing?"

Obviously, these might not always get everything you need, but at
least as starters, those questions don't tip your hand too much.

=Nadine=