[rescue] need blade 100 memory, gard drive

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:05:02 CDT 2006

On 6/8/06, Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 08 June 2006 13:35, Arthur Wouk wrote:
> > i've got a blade 100 coming next week. it has only one 128meg stick
> > in it. looking for 512s or maybe 256s, to get to at least one meg of
> > ram. nothing on ebay at the moment.
>
> 1GB, not 1MB, perhaps?
>
> FYI, these take standard PC100 (or is it PC133?) ECC Registered DIMMs.
> Anything bigger than 256MB will probably be fairly pricy.

I'd also advise getting away from the on-board IDE if you can.  1) it
can't handle bigger than 120GB (addressing issue), and 2) it's slower
than frozen molasses.  Anything less than 256MB and you'll be swearing
at it...

At the very least, a second faster IDE and pointing swap to the
original is a must in my mind.  It was barely liveable with an
optimized Gentoo (compiled over a weekend) with XFCE on 256MB.  I
finally switched to a 733Mhz G4 with 512MB that showed up in the "to
surplus" pile, and was much, much happier.  (Last $ork.)

=Nadine=