[rescue] WTB: small amount of Netra T1 RAM

Ahmed Ewing aewing at townisp.com
Thu Jun 8 00:59:40 CDT 2006

On Jun 7, 2006, at 9:42 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> I need a small amount, like say 128MB or so, of RAM for a spare Netra
> T1/105 chassis I have.
>
> This is the weird RAM that is roughly the footprint of an SBus card
> with
> a weird little connector to the motherboard.

Sun's precise term for them are "mezzanine" modules because they stack
one on top the other using nesting connectors--male on the underside of
the module, female on the top. This allows for ultra-low-profile
applications that prevent airflow obstruction in 1U boxes like the
Netra t1. Most if not all were made by Celestica for Sun.

Pic here for the curious:

http://i23.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/91/9b/e1_1_b.JPG

Quite a cool, ingenious formfactor. In most configs two stackable
modules are supported (up to 2x512mb) in the t1 models, but early in
the production run some shipped with a special 256mb mezzanine module
that could 4-stack to make 1gb because of a shortage in the 512mb
modules. For a 4-stack to work, all four modules *MUST* be the special
256mb version (p/n 370-4155), or only the two physically lowest modules
in the stack are mapped into address space... IIRC...

...but I digress. :)

> Can anyone help out?  Such as perhaps what is left over after an
> upgrade?  Email me with what you have and how much you want for it.
>
> --Patrick

Yes, I should be able to scare something up for you. If I don't get
back to you soon, feel free to light a match under me offlist; I'm in
the middle of a move and admittedly have a lot on my plate right now.

Out of curiosity, why are you necessarily looking for a small amount?

-A