[rescue] OT: Maintaining list threading

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Mon Jun 5 14:44:56 CDT 2006

On Jun 5, 2006, at 8:08 AM, Michael Parson wrote:

> OSX's Mail.app does have mail filtering, last option on the right from
> the Preferences window.  Should be easy enough to set up a folder for
> your lists and just have them filtered into sepreate folders, reducing
> your inbox clutter tremendously.

It does, and this is how I have read the list (and a couple of other,
larger lists) for several years.

	if List-Id Contains rescue.sunhelp.org
	Move Message to Mailbox rescue

The only issue I've found, then, is that as the mailbox size grows in
size, Mail.app takes some time to open it. By the time there are a
few tens of thousands of messages, this delay can be significant. I
found this annoying, and as it turns out if I create a "smart
mailbox" which shows only, for example, the most recent two weeks of
messages in a given large mail folder, the smart folder stays small
enough to open instantaneously.

ok
bear