[rescue] Searching for some obscure OS distros / software...

jwb-tech at picarefy.com jwb-tech at picarefy.com
Thu Jun 1 18:43:29 CDT 2006

>> - SunOS 4.0.3 for MC68010 (QIC-24 preferred if it exists... or was this
>> only a 1/2" reel release?)
>
> All distros for Sun-2 machines were in QIC-11 format as far as I know.

4.0/4.0.3 were on QIC-24. You had to have a very-late-model ROM for your
2/120, which allowed it to boot off a QIC-24 drive in a Sun-3 shoebox. At
least in theory. Even though I had the tapes, the drive, and the ROM, I
never could get 4.0 to install, so I gave up and ran SunOS 3.2 instead.

--James B.