[rescue] Sun Blade 100: RESEND

Brian Howe bwhowe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:18:04 CST 2006

I had a very similar problem when trying to install FreeBSD on a U10
and a U2. What I found was that if I burned the CD on a linux system
with Xcdroast it came out much better, and if I let the system be
powered down for a day so it would start cold, then I could get it to
read from the cdrom drive. I believe that the cdrom drives were a bit
flakey on those machines.

Now the U2 is giving me fits because the IDPROM is either dead, or
dying, and the system shuts itself down after about 30 to 60 minutes
of use. The U10 is still running strong.

Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Brian