[rescue] NeWS

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Feb 2 11:03:05 CST 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 11:39:08AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I told them the problem was the industry was given the choice of cheap,
> fast, or good, and they chose cheap and ajourned the meeting before
> picking one of the others.

A good example of this an open source program where the company's
business model was to release their product under the GPL and get
people on the internet to develop and test it for them.

One particular one, made an important fix to their code one day last
week and by the next morning thousands of systems running their program
crashed. I'm not talking about just home PCs, I talking about many systems
in small businesses and several companies with hundreds of systems each.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838