[rescue] Sparcbook S1

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Fri Dec 22 15:22:22 CST 2006

   On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Mark Brown wrote:

> I don't have any media, and I don't know the root password [to
> the SB1].

   I don't know about media, at least the Tadpole stuff, but the
machine itself should be able to run an older version of Solaris,
probably in the 2.4 range.

   As far as the god-word goes, IIRC the filesystems are plain old
ufs so, with the proper cables, you should be able to wire it to a
Sun box, mount the root filesystem, and manually hack the root-word
out.