[rescue] Sparcbook S1

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Dec 21 11:32:35 CST 2006

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 12:04:19PM -0500, Mark Brown wrote:
> Since I am the "sun guy" around the office, one of my friends brought me an
> new-old toy to play with.
> It seems to be a old sparcbook S1, running an old Tadpole/SunOS release.

If that's one of the original SPARCBooks, at one point I owned the very
first unit that was sold to the public in the US.  A doctor had bought
it and used it for a number of years, then I bought it in the late
90s.  Played with it for a couple of months, then sold it after I got
a SPARCBook 3-series.

Unfortunately the SB1 died an untimely death when a motorcycle fell
over on it in a garage, I found out later.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas