[rescue] Amiga

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Dec 20 10:12:11 CST 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 08:07:47AM -0500, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> I gave away my Amiga 2000 (Which came from a thrift store or some such).
> I'd recommend looking at the Amiga 1200, as it can use a notebook hard
> drive, is an 020, smaller footprint and has a VGA connector if I recall.

I prefer the PC-style separate-keyboard systems... Started out on an
A1000 with two floppy drives and a "sidecar" RAM expansion that had
a RAM ACCESS LIGHT!  (it was so cool.. could watch system activity by
watching the LED pulse..)

> Also there is a fairly rare video called The Deathbed Vigil which was shot
> by an employee of Amiga as they were shutting down.

I think they put that on the Amiga Forever DVD set, which I need to buy.

> (Atari then PC for me, I wasn't an Amiga user too much when they were
> new.. nice colors, but the monitor is still a TV to me).

TI-99/4A (I wanted a C64 dammit) ->
Atari ST ->
Amiga 1000 ->
386sx33 (college) ->
A3000 and 486/66 ->
586/120 and SPARCstation 1 ->
SPARCstation Classic ->
Sun U1 ->
Sun U5 ->
Sun U10 ->
Sun SB1K ->
Apple G4/450 Cube ->
Apple G4/867x2 PowerMac ->
Apple iMac G5 and iBook G4/800 ->
Apple iMac Core Duo 20" and MacBook 13".

With various systems thrown in along the way (rescue stuff, like
a truck full of IBM RTs, Apollo/Domain systems, DEC, older 68K
Macs and PowerBooks, etc...).

In '83, I was pissed because my cousin had a C64 and FLOPPY DRIVE,
while I had the TI/99 and a Sears cassette recorder.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas