[rescue] playing with the new E250 ... disk performance vs. old PeeCee

Magnus magnus at yonderway.com
Mon Dec 18 10:28:28 CST 2006

Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Once you figure out why your disk is behaving poorly, you could fairly
> affordably add an external 711 array and stripe across two channels
> then.  Assuming you have space for a 711.  I don't, so I'm thinking of
> something like a D130 instead.

I have space, but I have some fairly wicked SCSI disks that I'd rather
see fully realize their potential.  What I'd most like to do is put in a
Sun-friendly SCSI card (I have none) that will fully exploit my hard
disks' potential. i.e. use the internal disks & backplane, preferably
with a better controller.