[rescue] Sun's and hard drive firmware

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 16 01:44:03 CST 2006

Fri, 15 Dec 2006 @ 12:06 -0600, Steve Hatle said:

> I used Bart's SCSItool to reformat Seagate drives to "stock" firmware so I
> could use them in my NetApp.
>
> http://www.nu2.nu/scsitool/

I'll check it out, thanks.

I managed to find the Compaq information on the drive, which still
didn't list the original Seagate part number.

If anyone else might have better luck, here is the Compaq number:

	HC0183172A

It's a fairly common drive. From looking at it and the specs, I think
I know what Seagate family it is, but when burning firmware I want the
exact details.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in