[rescue] Sun's and hard drive firmware

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Fri Dec 15 12:06:08 CST 2006

On 12/15/06 11:59 AM, "Charles Shannon Hendrix"  wrote:

> Questions:
>
> I can't find legacy support for this drive on HP's website.  I might
> just not know where to look.  Any ideas appreciated.
>
> Is it possible than a secondary SCSI controller on a Sun would not care?
>
> Does anyone know of a way to burn firmware on a Seagate drive without
> using their DOS based utility?

I used Bart's SCSItool to reformat Seagate drives to "stock" firmware so I
could use them in my NetApp.

http://www.nu2.nu/scsitool/

At the time, he had a stash of different firmware files if you needed them,
but you had to e-mail him and ask for what you needed- he doesn't have them
up publicly on his site.

He was very helpful and responsive when I worked with him. No other
relationship than satisfied "customer".

Steve