[rescue] Sun Netra = Ultra 2?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Dec 8 09:56:58 CST 2006

" From: John Francini <francini at mac.com>
"
" On 7 Dec 2006, at 16:34, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
"
" > In the distant and less-environmentally-sensitive past, Aston-Martin
" > advertisements used to feature a 0-100-0 [MPH] time.  IIRC, it was
" > about 11
" > seconds when the DB4 was turning into the DB5, circa 1963.  That was
" > unimaginably quick for those days.  It would be pretty dam' good
" > right now,
" > in fact.
"
" Actually, Car & Driver magazine recently (within the past couple of
" years) did some 0-150-0 tests, and considers that the new 'speed
" benchmark' for exotic cars.
" Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any info about that on their web
" site, and I'm not in front of my C/D magazine collection at the
" moment.  If I remember, I'll try to post something from that issue if
" anyone's interested.

following aston, one of the factory race team drivers posted a sub-10s
0-100-0 in a shelby 427 cobra.

a few years ago road and track decided to revisit the stunt, with
another 427 cobra and a handful of modern cars.  the hands-down winner
was a porsche - 997 iirc - that didn't need much finesse to launch or
stop; it was just -planted-.

they also noted that a sister bike mag was testing superbikes at the
same time, and they all were capable of 0-100-0 before any of the cars
reached 100...