[rescue] Sun Netra = Ultra 2?

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Wed Dec 6 17:25:18 CST 2006

Quoth Bill Bradford ...

> The early "Netra" systems were just headless boxes with a cruddy admin
> GUI installed and voice prompts (that played over the system speaker)
> telling you when it was booted, ready to shut down, etc.

I'll bet that was a bundle'o'fun in a big colo facility ... row upon row of
blabbering boxes, kvetching about one thing and another, day in and day out,
like a bunch of chickens.  Didn't Sun learn anything from those talking cars
of the Seventies?  They were cool for about two days, then you wanted to
know the location of two things: the voice warning system control box, and
your .357.

-Shel