[rescue] Sun Ultra 1 boot failure

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Dec 4 10:38:43 CST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 11:43:05AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> NOTE: the last time I seriously studied burn test results on CD/DVD
> burners was a year ago.
>
> Pioneer is OK.  For awhile they were used by Compaq and Apple as their
> system build drives.  I don't like them as much as I used to.
>
> Plextor generally rates good, as does NEC.

Plextor seems to have taken a massive nosedive recently.  For instance,
they make silent drives that are only silent when using their software
on windows.  Someone write a patch to enable the silent feature on
linux, and Plextor's lawyers sent him a letter.

I haven't used any NEC drive.  They certainly can be very cheap.

For the past several years, I've been quite impressed with LiteOn
drives.  The recent Benq's I've used were competant, but not as quite as
the LiteOns.  So, for the time being, I'm sticking with LiteOn.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/