[rescue] Help installing SunOS?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sat Dec 2 18:06:18 CST 2006

So, I'm back to trying to get my 3/180 running again.  I'm trying to boot
a SunOS 4.1.1 "for Sun3" install tape that I produced from images and
directions that on the sun3zoo site.

When I try to boot, it seems to read from the tape OK, but then it bus
errors:

>b xt()
Boot: xt(0,0,0)
Size: 507912+123920+79144 bytes
Invalid Page Bus Error:
  Vaddr: 0E0894E4, Paddr: 000014E4, Type 0, Read, FC 5, Size 4 at
0x0000400A.

The CPU is a 3/180 with 16MB of ram, an Xylogics pertec tape controller
w/ Sun badged Fujitsu M24444 tape attached, and Xylogics SMD disk
controller with a Fujitsu Eagle I think (aka Sun 595-1309).

Anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong, or perhaps a working
installer on 9-track tape they could copy for me?

Thanks,

Pat