[rescue] Sun Ultra 1 boot failure

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Dec 4 09:48:18 CST 2006

Sun, 03 Dec 2006 @ 09:44 -0500, Magnus said:

> Something about Sun optical drives... never seem to work right with
> Pee-Cee burned CD-R media burned at full speed.  Take your time and burn
> it at a slow speed, like 4x, and often it will work fine.

That's what I did.

Although, my DVD burner makes CDs at full speed that the Suns are happy
to read.

The CD burner is an Optowrite, the DVD burner is an NEC.  NEC is just a
better drive, period.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.