[rescue] Bad UPS II: The Sad Mac

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Fri Sep 30 11:55:56 CDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Something I have observed of all of them: years ago only USPS would
> leave a package if you were not home.  FEDEX and UPS always left a note
> saying they would try again.
>
> Now UPS and FEDEX *never* leave a note, they just leave the package.
>
> Anyone else notice that?

Nope. Every time I've received a FEDEX or UPS package in the last 3 years,
if we weren't there to answer the door, they left a note. It's always on a
week when I'm working late and can't get down to their office to pick it
up too. I have caught UPS leaving notes without knocking though.

The difference might be that I'm on the 3rd floor of a condo and I think
they have rules about that and most of what I get delivered requires a
signature in person so I can't just sign the slip and have them leave it
for me.