[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 30 10:36:35 CDT 2005

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 @ 16:04 -0500, Michael Parson said:

> fix /etc/sysconfig/i18n and make LANG=C instead of en_US
> rm /etc/screenrc
> rm /etc/inputrc
> install nvi
>
> Things start to get a little better behaved after that.

I've found though that this causes display issues where you need a
proper locale.

Of course, I find the way the whole 16-bit char thing has been done
leaves a lot to be desired anyway.  It all looks like a great big mess
to me.

I have a lot of celtic music stored as mp3's, and getting the filenames
to display properly in more than two programs at a time is a nightmare
regardless of my locale and charset configuration.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]