[rescue] Obtaining Mac OS 9 Question

Peter abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Sep 26 05:02:55 CDT 2005

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
[...]
> 10.2 does install natively, no work needed. Whether it works all
> that well is perhaps debatable - 66Mhz memory bus, usually slow disk
> and not so great video card.

> I personally feel that 600Mhz G3 or higher (or G4/450) with a decent
> video card (whatever that is in Apple-land) is bare minimum.

Tiger works just fine on my 400MHz G3 with oodles of PC100 RAM in it
and SCSI disk, but a naff video card. I woudn't like to watch videos
on it (that's what the chipped XBox and XBMC is for) but it's fine
with iTunes, Firefox, etc.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key
/:.*posting.google.com.*/HX-Trace:+j