[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Sep 23 20:41:10 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 02:55:15PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> languages, and reasons for using compiled ones.  Just try writing your
> OS in an interpreted language, say, or the interpreter for the language.

I'm under the impression that lots of people have written interpreted
languages in other interpreted languages.  I know that lisp now is
compiled, but was it being compile when the first schemes were being
written in lisp?

> >    "Programmer time is more expensive than user time"

I can't say that I've heard that statement.  But maybe it is really just
another way of saying that programmer time is more expensive than
machine time?  However, does machine time always translate directly into
user time?

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net