[rescue] Obtaining Mac OS 9 Question

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Sep 23 13:43:01 CDT 2005

Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... Patrick Finnegan
> On Friday 23 September 2005 12:04, Mike Hebel wrote:
>> Nothing that is lower than a G3 iMac or a G3 Pismo Powerbook can boot
>> OS X natively.  Even some of those have problems despite having OF.
>
> False.  I've got OSX (10.2) running on a beige G3, which didn't require
> anything special to make work.  From what I've heard, later versions
> don't work, however.

Then you're a rarity in my book - I've heard nothing of it working
natively on Beige G3s.

Though after some digging it does that that the only requirements for G3s
are built-in USB ports which you could fake with an inexpensive card:

In my experience those not running an iMac or better would save themselves
some headaches by using XPostFacto or something similar:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/osx-center/

Just my "false" two-cents worth.

Mike Hebel
----