[rescue] FreeBSD SPARC

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Mon Sep 19 12:04:11 CDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 12:47:51PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I tried installing either FreeBSD or NetBSD on one of my U5s, only to
> find out that NONE of the available installer terminal types worked on
> Sun hardware.

Which version of NetBSD? I'm running a mid-July 3.0_BETA on my Ultra 5 and
it works like a champ - even supports an accelerated framebuffer console
with the onboard Rage Pro (wscons works so I have virtual consoles) and
XFree86 works out the box. Had a small problem with Xrender a few weeks
back, but Michael Lorenz fixed that, and it's been rock solid since.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/