[rescue] WTB: K6-2+ or K6-3+ (and/or K62-500/550)

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Sep 13 18:18:13 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 00:05, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 22:32, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> > I have a Cobalt Raq 3i... I've modified the mobo to give me BF0-BF2
> > jumpers... I haven't yet modified the mobo for selectable voltages...
> >
> > So.. I'm looking for K6-2+, K6-3+, and K6-2 500 or 550 cpus to
> > experiment with different upgrades.  CPU voltage needs to be
> > between 2.0 and 2.3 volts.
> >
> > If anyone has any of these available, let me know what you have
> > and what you want for it.
> >
> > I also added the secondary IDE channel 40 pin header .... so my
> > Raq 3i is essentially a Raq 4r (I have a 400 mhz proc in now.. so
> > it's a Raq 4r minus 50 mhz :-) ).
>
> You may want to have a look at nuonce.net - they have taken the open-sourced "Blue Quartz" Cobalt GUI and slipped CentOS underneath it.  ISO's at www.nuonce.net, somewhere.  Includes the "RAID tools" that monitor the health of the RAID setup, etc.

I did see that... not really what I'm going to run on it yet.
I tried dropping a AMI MegaRAID i4 in it to see if it looked like
it could boot from the BIOS of PCI card like in a PCI... but it
looks like it just ignored it's presence.

Ideally I wanted to use the MegaRAID i4 and two mirrored 250G
drives.... then it would be all self contained.

I wonder if any 3rd party ATA cards that can do LBA48 would be
seen by the PROM on a Raq ?  Unfortunately I'm thinking not...

As for OS... thought I'd try the 550 one 1st... but I'm looking
into others...  a BSD on it might be nice... I know NetBSD has
support for the MIPS racks... wonder if NetBSD would install
onto a Raq 3i?

-- Curt