[rescue] Tadople 3gx and OpenBSD oddessy

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Thu Sep 1 12:39:20 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 06:49:41PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Oh, I'm used to dead rat betas, and "test" Linux kernels which make
> Microsoft betas look like production software. :-)

I've been running NetBSD 3.0_BETA on my primary workstation for a few
months now, with pretty good results:
 7:34PM  up 30 days, 12:56, 9 users, load averages: 0.23, 0.18, 0.11

Granted, my workstation is sparc64 (which still has a few issues with
kernel threads), but 3.0_BETA is pretty stable in my experience. As I think
Jochen Kunz mentioned, it will also support your 3GX's sound hardware,
PCMCIA and some power management features. I think it may also have an
accelerated console (Michael Lorenz has added support for most of the
missing 3GX features of late).

I'd say 'Go for it' :)

-mj
--