[rescue] Tadople 3gx and OpenBSD oddessy

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Sep 1 10:58:32 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 01:47:15PM +0100, Shirker wrote:

> ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.7/sparc/cd37.iso is what you would be
> wanting.

It's a small boot image. I used the files from it to create the file
system I shared with NFS. What I was hoping for was something like a
Linux, Solaris, MacOs, or even Windows CD where you boot from it,
answer a few questions and it installs without the network.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have done that in two steps,
one with the cd37 ISO image and a second with the rest of the files.

Netbooting worked fine and got it installed, but it was not fun. :-(

Thanks, Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Support the growing boycott of Google by radio users and hobbyists.
It's starting to work, Yahoo has surpassed Google.