[rescue] Rescuing a 3com Terminal Server

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Oct 14 10:22:20 CDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 11:07:19AM -0400, mark.brown at agfa.com wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> Can anyone here help me rescue an old 3com Terminal server.  The boot
> floppy disk has gone missing, and I would like to use it as a console
> server for my
> Sun gear in the lab.
>
> The model is CS/2600.  (code for a cs/2500 may also work)
>
> I think the last version was 6.21.
>
> I called 3com this morning, and of all people - they don't have it
> anymore. ;-)
> The support fella suggested google. I told him, been there - done that.
>
> Can anyone help me out?

Looking around, looks like 3Com used to sell this as a seperate product.

This page lists it at $401.74:
http://www.codemicro.com/ctsrch/content1n6n17.html

But when you click around more, I had to search for the product
to try and order it, and I got to this page:

http://www.codemicro.com/store/check_price.php?partid=652606

Which tells you they don't have online pricing available for it, you
need to call.

It might not be available for a free download.  Might be better off
getting console server that does have free dl's of the code. :-/

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org